Day after day there was icy wind, slippery roads, dark grey days and pitch black nights.
I spent most of my time actually doing, or whining about, my telephone job. No end in sight, and my nerves suffered a great deal.
My coworker on whom I had a crush right from the start quit his job and moved to fucking Narnia.
Until the 11th of March I did not much more than work - with bad results, as we all know.
With the Earthquake-Tsunami-Atomic triple catastrophe striking Japan, the phone job stopped, but at the same time, the next weeks were spent anxiously at the computer, watching japanese news, trying to contact all my friends, and looking at the people I loved so much, suffering day by day.
The summer had a horrible weather, which resulted in me being sad and lethargic over most of the warmer months which are usually the time of loads of activity.
September came, and I had a beautiful trip to Hamburg, where I met with my friend, and visited an awesome wedding.
Then I went to the Oktoberfest, and had the best time of the whole year there.
When I had to go back home, it felt wrong in every way.
Autumn was quite alright weather-wise, but I spent the time writing back and forth stupid letters with the telephone-job-guys and my health insurance, and a very dear friend of mine left for Japan.
And a few days before christmas, a letter from my university arrived, stating in more or less charming words that I was such a fucking slow student that I better speed up or my subjects will just not exist any longer and graduation will be impossible. Merry christmas, fuckers.
This year was nothing but exhausting and I hated it like I hardly ever hated a year before.
As I will graduate next year the next months will be filled with nothing but hard work, and due to the weak economy I'll probably go into unemployment right away, so I don't actually see anything good to look forward to in 2012.
But still, as Mark Twain once said, you should give every single day the chance to become the best day in your life. So maybe there will be some good things in 2012.
Maybe I will leave university with good results.
Maybe I will find a good job pretty soon after.
Maybe I will earn enough to really support myself.
Maybe I will find a job in Narnia and my crush will be there, saying "Darling, I've been waiting for you! I love you! Let's get married and make beautiful children! But first, we'll eat a gorgeous 400g steak."
Never give up hope for a better future.
That being said, Goodbye 2011! You were a fucking combination of pest and cholera and the sooner you go down, the better.
Rot in hell!
My dear Nori,
ReplyDeleteI know how things like a shitty job - I remember my interview translation at H.T.P.Concepts and my several break-downs - a broken heart and pressure in the uni can make one year a big crap of a year! But I like to think: if you are already down, the only direction you can go is up :) So I wish that 2012 will become a hell of an awesome year for you! A fantastic graduation, a great job waiting for you and all about that a lot of fun - and with the latter point I can come in handy when I am back for good ;D