Friday, June 06, 2008

Blackbirds


In my garden, a blackbird couple is raising a little family.
I discovered their nest 2 weeks ago and watched the mom and dad preparing for their breed.
Some days ago, the first little baby bird emerged. It was not visible from the place where I stood, but when the parents had both left for a moment I took my camera and tried my best to take a photo from the inside of the nest. Though the fotos were not good at all I discovered the little bird. If you look closely at the fotos you can see some bright spot in the nest, that's the baby bird's baby beak.
Today I counted 3 baby birds. I wonder if there are more of them!

Mommy bird and Daddy bird are extremely busy carrying food for their hungry kids. I hope all of them will survive, but as long as the weather is good I guess they will be alright. Human should not interfere with wild animals, I know, but still I would love to give them food and water and just everything they will need. I guess that's human.

No comments:

Post a Comment