Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer

Despite a lot of work I had to do for university, I made as much fun out of today as I could.
I made lemon cupcakes.
I mixed fresh lemons into the dough and decorated the cakes with a lime rare cheese frosting and currants from my garden. They turned out tasty and well and not too sweet or too heavy, so they were perfect for a hot day, and they looked really nice.

Then I went to BeachMitte and played beach volleyball with my colleagues. My brother also came along and we had heaps of fun playing in the warm and sunny weather, having some barbecue food before and a chilled beer afterwards.

When I returned home the pool was still open, so I jumped in and sang REM's Nightswimming while floating around.

Today it felt good to be alive.

2 comments:

  1. Tabea1:06 AM

    Boah, es ist 8 Uhr morgens, aber wenn ich diese leckeren kleinen Meisterwerke sehe, krieg ich unheimlichen Hunger auf süßes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sie waren köstlich.
    Mal schauen, morgen oder übermorgen mach ich schon die nächsten. Ich sag dir, es ist wie eine Sucht! Zum Glück sind Grundnahrungsmittel hier so billig. Wenn ich mir vorstelle, in Japan drei 100g-Päckchen Mehl und so weiter kaufen zu müssen....

    ReplyDelete