Thursday, December 02, 2010

Sexy.Naughty.Bitchy Me

I was just informed that someone created a fake profile of my studivz account. Those evil little bastards copied my name and picture and then sent fake messages to my friends.
I'm just glad that there was someone (thank you D!!!) to tell me. I immediately increased my privacy status.
Yes, I do admit it: I had enabled the feature "let people see whether or not we have friends in common". That was obviously a mistake, for my friend list was visible to anyone. Weeell, I changed it now.

I did some research on the web and it seems that the exactly same message that MiniMe sent in my name was used on different other people in the same way.
It goes like "hi, i joined this awesome social network at naughtydating.com. Bet you've never seen me the way you'll see in those photos. Why don't you join as well. There's heaps of other students from our uni there and we're video chatting like every night. Waiting for you!
My nickname is woman243."
The whole text is stuffed with orthographical mistakes. Sooo.... yeah, basically it's impossible to mistake me for that person. I would never ever make mistakes like that! Not in my beloved German language!
Should I be offended that the creepy little retard who wrote the message made me look like someone not even capable of his own native language? Or should I be grateful as it made the whole thing so clearly and unmistakably fake?

Hm. Well, just in case I changed my password and changed my friend list to top privacy mode.

For all of you who might get one of those fake messages: Sorry, you won't see any photos of sexy.naughty.bitchy me.



Though you might hear me sing it from time to time :)
Gotta love this catchy tune....

2 comments:

  1. Ich hab das mal zum Anlass genommen bei mir privatsphäretechnisch ein paar Anpassungen vorzunehmen o.O Ey, jetzt kann man sich nicht mal seiner eigenen Identität mehr sicher sein!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, die Masche ist echt fies.

    StudiVZ könnte das z.B. abwenden, indem bei diesen ganzen ".... hat dich eingeladen"/"...hat dir eine Nachricht geschickt"-Meldungen ein Zusatzfeld einfügt, in dem steht "ist nicht in deiner Kontaktliste" oder so.
    Also dass man IMMER noch einmal einen Hinweis bekommt, wenn einen jemand anschreibt, den man eigentlich nicht kennt.
    Damit wären die Fake-Profile nutzlos.

    ReplyDelete