What an awesome day, with so many long-awaited things to happen and so much pleasant time being spent! I'm sorry if things get a little too detailed, but I don't want to forget even the tiniest bit of the conversation we had at Ishin....
1. Raspberry Muffins - Check!
I woke up to a beautiful, sunny day early enough to do what I had wanted to do for the last two weeks: I made raspberry muffins. I used loads of fresh raspberries as well as some canned ones, but I'm afraid my plan of turning the muffins a little pinkish by adding raspberry syrup and can juice ended them up much browner than intended.
Still, they tasted really great. So good I've got some left for tomorrow! What a very spring-ish dish they are, compared to the heavy chocolate-stuffed ones I prefer for cold winter days...
2. Sushi Date with the Ladies: Check!
I had just about enough time to cool the muffins, wrap two of them and stuff them into my bag --- off I was to my sushi date at Ishin with D and C (Ingo's girlfriend). Although I usually appreciate any kind of demonstration held for better education in Germany --- why did they have to do their demo right in front of my train?
Combining two construction sites and the demo which made my train take an alternative road, I arrived 15 minutes late. I was quite angry, but then, when I met my dear girls, who could stay in a bad mood surrounded by their gorgeousness?
Weeell, I can't.
So we ordered our food with the apparently new (MALE!!!) waiter. The first male waiter I had ever seen there.
We ordered.
D: Miso soup and UME set.
Me: TAKE set.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): KAPPA MAKI. TAMAGO. INARI.
Waiter: Maki or Nigiri?
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): ??? (WTF???)
Waiter: You see, there's Maki where the UNAGI is rolled in seaweed and there's Nigiri where the UNAGI is on top of rice.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): No, not UNAGI, I said INARI. (Points at the Inari picture on the menue.)
Waiter: (Looks at the menue, where her finger points.) Oh, INARI. Allright. (Heads off....)
Me: (thinking: Will he bring Inari now? Or Unagi? He seemed confused.)
The Miso soup arrives pretty fast, and so does the UME set.
D is fully supplied, while I and C (Ingo's Girlfriend) are still waiting for our food.
A waitress arrives with two plates.
Waitress: So, who is having the SAKE set?
ME: Oh, we didn't order SAKE set.
Waitress: Ok, and whose is the TAMAGO and UNAGI?
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): We didn't order that either.
Waitress: (looking confused, but taking the stuff back to the kitchen.)
We: (confused as well. First we thought that they must have brought us some other table's order, but then we realize that he mistook my TAKE set for SAKE set and C (Ingo's Girlfriend)'s INARI for UNAGI.)
Okay, I'm not angry, I'm rather amused. We all know that things like that can happen from time to time, especially when new waiters are starting their work. Take and Sake sound so similar that it's easy to mishear. Actually, I wouldn't even have minded them to just leave the SAKE set for me, I would have taken that one as well. Was not my order, but it looked really good.
That's when the fun began.
Waiter came back to our table.
Waiter: So, now what was wrong with that order? (sounding annoyed)
Me: I had ordered the TAKE set, not the Salmon set.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): And I had ordered INARI, not UNAGI.
Waiter: Oh, was it INARI? Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll go and fix your orders right away. I must have confused that, I'm really sorry.
We: (highly pleased and waiting for our orders to arrive.)
.... Just one problem here: The italics mark how he SHOULD have reacted. But he didn't.
He said to C (Ingo's Girlfriend):
WAITER: Nonononono, you did order UNAGI! I asked you about it, I even asked for Maki or Nigiri. You see, the difference between Maki and Nigiri is that there's the Maki which is 4-5 pieces of a seaweed roll, while Nigiri is one piece of rice and the fish on top.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): But I ordered INARI. (and probably on the brim of yelling "And I live in fucking Japan and I have been to more sushi places than you spent days at school, so don't fucking lecture me on stupid sushi I didn't order!!")
Waiter: No, you didn't. You ordered UNAGI.
Me: I'm sorry, but she did order INARI. She even pointed on it on the menue, and you even confirmed the order by saying "INARI". I remember that for sure.
Waiter: Soooooooooo, well, but you did get the TAMAGO, didn't you? It was on the plate with the UNAGI.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): But I thought it might have been some different table's order, I can hardly take a plate that doesn't contain what I ordered.
Waiter: Well, alright then, so again, WHAT DID YOU ORDER???
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): KAPPA Maki. TAMAGO. And INARI. (pointing desperately at the INARI picture on the menue. By the way: The unagi picture is printed far away from the inari picture. And it looks perfectly different!)
The waiter leaves and does not come to our table again.
A waitress brings the rest of our order just a few minutes later. This time, everything's alright.
After this, we spend another 3 very happy hours of delighted chatter and delicious food in the sushi place. The waiter seems to be gone around 3 (we arrived at 2:15), which is great, because I hate to pay waiters who were unfriendly. The reason is that I usually like to reward their service with a little tip, there are so many great, friendly waiters out there who really deserve it. But out of fairness, I could not have given him a single cent. And since he was still sure that he had been right and we had been wrong, I could imagine him getting furious at us.....
I know, he would have deserved it and it was not our fault, but still.... Bad vibes are bad for my skin condition, that's what.
Buuuuut honestly, what did that guy think? Isn't the most important rule as a waiter that you are ALWAYS the dumbass that must have confused things? Even if we had said "Naaah, we had orderd DONBURI all along, what's that sushi stuff???" he should still have answered "Oh, I'm sorry, I mistook that. Could you please tell me once again what you had ordered?"
The customer is the king. That's it.
I think he was probably the most unfriendly waiter I have ever had the pleasure with.
Aaaanyway, we still had loads of fun at the sushi place and talked about many things, and laughed..... oh, and D got me the brand new EGG magazine from Japan, can you believe it? I read it all the way on the train home, and it seems that this volume is especially good. I like lots of the styles and make-ups they introduce there.
3. StaBi - check!
I proceeded to the StaBi, where I returned a pile of books I had used for my essay that I handed in last week. It felt so good to literally get rid of the weight of those books, after I had the pleasure of handling them for too long.
One of the books, which was quite old, kind of fell to pieces while I had it. I was already worried they might tell me something like "What did you do to the book? It's your fault the pages are all loose!"
Nevertheless, I went directly to the return counter, handed the book and said that it fell apart. He just said, "Ok" and put it on a "Repair" pile.
THAT is how it should be!
Dear StaBi, if there's some guy in a white shirt and with a black apron coming to your place asking for a job where he's in contact with customers, please throw him out right away.
4. MYDRESSMYDRESSMYDRESSMYDRESSSSSSSSSWOOOOOP!!!!
When I came home my parcel was lying there. Beautiful and cute and..... naah, actually it was just a plastic bag, not even a real parcel, buuuut, so what???
It contained the three dresses I had ordered from Rare Fashion in the UK (check out their webstore, they've got awesome stuff!). AND THEY WERE ALL ON SALE, they were so cheap that I almost gained money by buying them!
The shipping was extremely fast, I had only placed my order 6 days ago. I'll show you what I ordered. Hope they won't mind me using their photos..... but gnaw, it's free advertisement of their store after all.
Well, the first one of the dresses turned out to be quite see-through, and it's not that becoming on me either. Buuuut, it's still some decent beach wear for summer, and I'm too lazy to send this one dress back when it cost me next to nothing.

Then I ordered a white dress with roses on it. I love white roses, and I love white dresses, so this one really yelled: Take me! I'm only 15 £, take me!
Yeah, I took it. It's a little big for me, so I guess I'll tighten it a bit, but even in its present state I really love it. ("I'll tighten it" = I'll run to K and say "pleasepleaseplease help me, goddess of sewing!")

And nowww..... for my actual reason to make the order:
Did I mention before that I had found a dress, fell in love with it, but could not order it because it was sold out?
That's the one:

After weeks of stretching out my hands for that dress in vain, I finally found another dress on the Rare Fashion webstore that was almost the same design. And it was on sale, ooooooooh my god!

Okay, this one had pearls on it, and it was cream, not white, and the bust shape was a little different (with the former dress, it would have been easier to cover my boob lifting assistants), but do I care? It's got the ruffles!!!

I look gorgeous in it! Is it vanity to say so? Maybe. But I really really love the dress so much that I can't blame myself for it. Now I just need a chance to wear it.....
1. Raspberry Muffins - Check!
I woke up to a beautiful, sunny day early enough to do what I had wanted to do for the last two weeks: I made raspberry muffins. I used loads of fresh raspberries as well as some canned ones, but I'm afraid my plan of turning the muffins a little pinkish by adding raspberry syrup and can juice ended them up much browner than intended.
Still, they tasted really great. So good I've got some left for tomorrow! What a very spring-ish dish they are, compared to the heavy chocolate-stuffed ones I prefer for cold winter days...
2. Sushi Date with the Ladies: Check!
I had just about enough time to cool the muffins, wrap two of them and stuff them into my bag --- off I was to my sushi date at Ishin with D and C (Ingo's girlfriend). Although I usually appreciate any kind of demonstration held for better education in Germany --- why did they have to do their demo right in front of my train?
Combining two construction sites and the demo which made my train take an alternative road, I arrived 15 minutes late. I was quite angry, but then, when I met my dear girls, who could stay in a bad mood surrounded by their gorgeousness?
Weeell, I can't.
So we ordered our food with the apparently new (MALE!!!) waiter. The first male waiter I had ever seen there.
We ordered.
D: Miso soup and UME set.
Me: TAKE set.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): KAPPA MAKI. TAMAGO. INARI.
Waiter: Maki or Nigiri?
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): ??? (WTF???)
Waiter: You see, there's Maki where the UNAGI is rolled in seaweed and there's Nigiri where the UNAGI is on top of rice.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): No, not UNAGI, I said INARI. (Points at the Inari picture on the menue.)
Waiter: (Looks at the menue, where her finger points.) Oh, INARI. Allright. (Heads off....)
Me: (thinking: Will he bring Inari now? Or Unagi? He seemed confused.)
The Miso soup arrives pretty fast, and so does the UME set.
D is fully supplied, while I and C (Ingo's Girlfriend) are still waiting for our food.
A waitress arrives with two plates.
Waitress: So, who is having the SAKE set?
ME: Oh, we didn't order SAKE set.
Waitress: Ok, and whose is the TAMAGO and UNAGI?
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): We didn't order that either.
Waitress: (looking confused, but taking the stuff back to the kitchen.)
We: (confused as well. First we thought that they must have brought us some other table's order, but then we realize that he mistook my TAKE set for SAKE set and C (Ingo's Girlfriend)'s INARI for UNAGI.)
Okay, I'm not angry, I'm rather amused. We all know that things like that can happen from time to time, especially when new waiters are starting their work. Take and Sake sound so similar that it's easy to mishear. Actually, I wouldn't even have minded them to just leave the SAKE set for me, I would have taken that one as well. Was not my order, but it looked really good.
That's when the fun began.
Waiter came back to our table.
Waiter: So, now what was wrong with that order? (sounding annoyed)
Me: I had ordered the TAKE set, not the Salmon set.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): And I had ordered INARI, not UNAGI.
Waiter: Oh, was it INARI? Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll go and fix your orders right away. I must have confused that, I'm really sorry.
We: (highly pleased and waiting for our orders to arrive.)
.... Just one problem here: The italics mark how he SHOULD have reacted. But he didn't.
He said to C (Ingo's Girlfriend):
WAITER: Nonononono, you did order UNAGI! I asked you about it, I even asked for Maki or Nigiri. You see, the difference between Maki and Nigiri is that there's the Maki which is 4-5 pieces of a seaweed roll, while Nigiri is one piece of rice and the fish on top.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): But I ordered INARI. (and probably on the brim of yelling "And I live in fucking Japan and I have been to more sushi places than you spent days at school, so don't fucking lecture me on stupid sushi I didn't order!!")
Waiter: No, you didn't. You ordered UNAGI.
Me: I'm sorry, but she did order INARI. She even pointed on it on the menue, and you even confirmed the order by saying "INARI". I remember that for sure.
Waiter: Soooooooooo, well, but you did get the TAMAGO, didn't you? It was on the plate with the UNAGI.
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): But I thought it might have been some different table's order, I can hardly take a plate that doesn't contain what I ordered.
Waiter: Well, alright then, so again, WHAT DID YOU ORDER???
C (Ingo's Girlfriend): KAPPA Maki. TAMAGO. And INARI. (pointing desperately at the INARI picture on the menue. By the way: The unagi picture is printed far away from the inari picture. And it looks perfectly different!)
The waiter leaves and does not come to our table again.
A waitress brings the rest of our order just a few minutes later. This time, everything's alright.
After this, we spend another 3 very happy hours of delighted chatter and delicious food in the sushi place. The waiter seems to be gone around 3 (we arrived at 2:15), which is great, because I hate to pay waiters who were unfriendly. The reason is that I usually like to reward their service with a little tip, there are so many great, friendly waiters out there who really deserve it. But out of fairness, I could not have given him a single cent. And since he was still sure that he had been right and we had been wrong, I could imagine him getting furious at us.....
I know, he would have deserved it and it was not our fault, but still.... Bad vibes are bad for my skin condition, that's what.
Buuuuut honestly, what did that guy think? Isn't the most important rule as a waiter that you are ALWAYS the dumbass that must have confused things? Even if we had said "Naaah, we had orderd DONBURI all along, what's that sushi stuff???" he should still have answered "Oh, I'm sorry, I mistook that. Could you please tell me once again what you had ordered?"
The customer is the king. That's it.
I think he was probably the most unfriendly waiter I have ever had the pleasure with.
Aaaanyway, we still had loads of fun at the sushi place and talked about many things, and laughed..... oh, and D got me the brand new EGG magazine from Japan, can you believe it? I read it all the way on the train home, and it seems that this volume is especially good. I like lots of the styles and make-ups they introduce there.
3. StaBi - check!
I proceeded to the StaBi, where I returned a pile of books I had used for my essay that I handed in last week. It felt so good to literally get rid of the weight of those books, after I had the pleasure of handling them for too long.
One of the books, which was quite old, kind of fell to pieces while I had it. I was already worried they might tell me something like "What did you do to the book? It's your fault the pages are all loose!"
Nevertheless, I went directly to the return counter, handed the book and said that it fell apart. He just said, "Ok" and put it on a "Repair" pile.
THAT is how it should be!
Dear StaBi, if there's some guy in a white shirt and with a black apron coming to your place asking for a job where he's in contact with customers, please throw him out right away.
4. MYDRESSMYDRESSMYDRESSMYDRESSSSSSSSSWOOOOOP!!!!
When I came home my parcel was lying there. Beautiful and cute and..... naah, actually it was just a plastic bag, not even a real parcel, buuuut, so what???
It contained the three dresses I had ordered from Rare Fashion in the UK (check out their webstore, they've got awesome stuff!). AND THEY WERE ALL ON SALE, they were so cheap that I almost gained money by buying them!
The shipping was extremely fast, I had only placed my order 6 days ago. I'll show you what I ordered. Hope they won't mind me using their photos..... but gnaw, it's free advertisement of their store after all.
Well, the first one of the dresses turned out to be quite see-through, and it's not that becoming on me either. Buuuut, it's still some decent beach wear for summer, and I'm too lazy to send this one dress back when it cost me next to nothing.

Then I ordered a white dress with roses on it. I love white roses, and I love white dresses, so this one really yelled: Take me! I'm only 15 £, take me!
Yeah, I took it. It's a little big for me, so I guess I'll tighten it a bit, but even in its present state I really love it. ("I'll tighten it" = I'll run to K and say "pleasepleaseplease help me, goddess of sewing!")

And nowww..... for my actual reason to make the order:
Did I mention before that I had found a dress, fell in love with it, but could not order it because it was sold out?
That's the one:

After weeks of stretching out my hands for that dress in vain, I finally found another dress on the Rare Fashion webstore that was almost the same design. And it was on sale, ooooooooh my god!

Okay, this one had pearls on it, and it was cream, not white, and the bust shape was a little different (with the former dress, it would have been easier to cover my boob lifting assistants), but do I care? It's got the ruffles!!!

I look gorgeous in it! Is it vanity to say so? Maybe. But I really really love the dress so much that I can't blame myself for it. Now I just need a chance to wear it.....
1. Der Muffin war köööööstlich, ich hatte ihn heute zum Frühstück :D
ReplyDelete2. Wäre sein Chef ein echter Japaner gewesen, hätte er sich gestern noch ein Messer in den Bauch rammen müssen! Also echt, sowas unverschämtes!
3. Jaa, Good Old Stabi, schön, dass man wieder ausleihen kann ;)
4. Du siehst FANTASTISCH aus!!!!!
Your sushi ordering odyssey was some truly entertaing piece of reading, thank you very much for that ;D
ReplyDeleteAnd your right! Personall, I wouldn't exactly have expected the waiter to apologize for his mistake (not in Germany), but at least he shouldn't have argued that it was your mistake (especially when it was not). But, well, thanks to that guy you brightened up my dull morning with your post.
Those dresses look F A B U L O U S. And so do you wearing them! Can't wait to see them in person ;D
BTW, do you remember the emerald green dress at H&M? The one my boobies wouldn't fit into? I went again last Saturday and bought it... in size 44. It's way too loose around my waist and hip (but I can fix that easily), but fits perfectly around my boobies. I'll take that as a compliment for my god-given dairy farm.
Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the green dress, although I'm now really sorry that I can't partner look with you :(
But I can imagine you looking steaming hot in it!
D: Ich danke dir, du bist ganz toll! Ich lese übrigens die ganze Zeit meine tolle Egg. Hab schon lange keine so gute Ausgabe mehr in der Hand gehabt :D
ReplyDelete