Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easter

What an Easter weekend! The weather was brilliant, the birds were singing, the cherry and apple blossoms were gently snowing down in a soft breeze and the meat snuggled cozily on the BBQ grill.

After many, many, toooooo many years I painted Easter Eggs this year.

E, K and M came over to my place and we sat in the garden and painted the whole afternoon.
I had prepared 30 eggs before, so that we'd have plenty to do.
When I did 20 eggs in a row my cheeks hurt like hell, but still..... (caution!!! low level joke ahead!) It's good to know that there's at least one kind of blow job I'm good at. (/low level joke)

We had so many amazing egg designs in the end!
I did a wildlife collection, consisting of a zebra, leopard and giraffe egg. I also made a ladybirds on a green meadow egg. Then I was kind of out of ideas, so I copied the others' ideas...... Unfortunately, I was perfectly unsuccessful. Still, it was fun.

K did a GothLoli egg, completely black with cute white ruffles drawn on it. She also made a rosé egg with blue blossoms on it, juuuuust beautiful.

M made a Spongebob collection, with a Spongebob, Patrick Star and Squidward egg. Then a golden glitter egg, a classical easter egg with tons of little paintings on it ----- yeah, but she's a professional cakemaker with super amazing crafting abilities, so that's like cheating ;D

E made the cutest designs. She made a sweet little chicken, a meadow-and-sky-and-clouds-and-sun, a Rapunzel sky egg, a PokeBall and a nasty underwear egg.


I hope to get a close-up photo of every single egg we made. I didn't make any when we did the painting, but now I'd really love to have every egg's design in a special photo.
Girls, maybe you could take some photos of your eggs and send them to me? I'd really appreciate that.

We had a very unique construction of wooden spits in glasses to dry the eggs on.

We placed the eggs to dry in the sun on the remains of our super old bbq grill from.... I don't know, probably some 40 years ago.


Close-up of the finished eggs. I really need more pictures.


When we were done we cooked some more eggs and coloured them in beautiful colours. The girls were to take loads of them home but for some reason they only took a few. So I'm still having a few left, but don't worry: I'll finish them tomorrow :D

This is where we hard-boiled the eggs. However, the boiling process turned out to be quite interesting. One of the eggs completely peeled out of its shell. It was punished and eaten immediately...



After all the work was done we sat in the garden and had a barbecue with loads of beautiful meat as well as other great stuff. Thank you so much, girls, for providing a noodle salad (K and M) and a few super sweet and ripe mangos (E)! I loooooved them!

Let's meet again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment