Naaah, let's not think of something like that.

After the examination of doom is over I can go back to what I like --- Make-up, Hair and clothes. It might sound extremely stupid, but dolling myself up has become my favourite hobby and I love to find new dresses or - as in this particular case - new ways of combining my existing stock of outfitting goods.
I really liked today's outfit, so I took some photos at work in order to post them here.
This is my fabulous flower print KOTON dress, combined with black leather boots due to the evil evil evil cold and rainy weather.
I like the brand KOTON. As far as I know there's only one KOTON store in Germany, which makes their clothes a pretty unique choice. I'm so in love with the litte flowers of this dress, with the lace-trim border and the non-revealing neckline.

The second picture is the outdoor version with my beloved CECIL MCBEE coat with the fur neck. It's very warm and comfy, and GOD I needed warmth today. In the cold and rainy weather I had to run back and forth between my bureau and the library a few times, and every time I walked through the steamy and foggy grounds I wondered where spring might have gone. Did it evade me, that bitch?
Hahhhh, I thought I was really stylish today, and let's be honest: Nothing could make a girl happier than the feeling that she looks good.
And after all those weeks when even narcisstic me thought "better study more than style" I definitely needed proof that I can still look like a female.
I don't really sound like someone who takes her job seriously and works hard, right? But actually I do. I've been doing quite a lot today, although I was awfully tired due to a lack of sleep, but hey, that's what Coke's are for, right?
All in all, work was fine, but the atmosphere is a little bit down these days as one of my colleagues has been diagnosed with a pretty heavy incurable disease.
Nevertheless I try to think positive, but that's an easy thing to say for the one who's next to the doomed.
When we celebrated his return from hospital last week our professor emphasized how much a difference it can make to think positive. He told several stories of people who had not even been really sick, but thought so and that made them sick, for example there was a man who suffered from severe side-effects from his heart medicine. After several weeks the doctors finally found out that he had been in medicine testing and he was a member of the placebo group, so he had never taken any medicine and there were no side effects. When they told the man (he had been in kind of a shocked state, immobilized and hardly aware of what was going on around him) that he had only had placebos he suddenly recovered.
Another guy had touched a hot plate and was convinced he had burned his skin, when he realized that the hot plate was not switched on at all and was perfectly cold. Nevertheless his brain had been convinced that the hand was burned and started to get rid of the skin and stuff, although there was no logical reason.
While these stories were all nice and stuff, they were a little strange in that situation. After all, the guy at work is really ill. He will never be healthy again. His constitution will get worse and worse, unless there is a sudden discovery of a treatment very soon.
It's not like he would have been faking anything, or as if he was imagining something.
The professor made it sound as if this disease was just in the guy's head and he could overcome it.
Of course, I do see that the professor's point was something like "never give up" and "please think positive", but the examples he gave, though highly entertaining, were not exactly fitting the occasion.
Not that it would matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment