Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dreams

I don't dream a lot. But when I do, it's usually a nightmare. Still, I like dreaming. It makes sleeping more interesting.
However, this night, I was haunted by four totally different nightmares. FOUR!!! I was busy dreaming the whole night.

The first one was really awful. On a perfectly normal day I decided to check my calendar, only to realize that I had a job interview at a restaurant at 10:30 (it was 10:15). It was an interview for my absolute dream job. But I had to make it on time no matter what.
However, I failed. It was horrible and my interviewer made it very clear that he was extremely disappointed. As if that wouldn't make me feel bad enough, I got transported back to 10:15 and had kind of a second try. This time, I chose a different tactic, but I was still late, so in the end, the result was the same. Totally Groundhog day style, I got transported back to 10:15 again and had to figure out another way.
I can still recall 5 tries I had to get to that damn restaurant.

Turns out that the best thing my sleeping brain could come up with was the following: I sneaked in through the backdoor and got to an empty table further in the back, and acted all bored and waiting, and then my interviewer's and my eyes met "by accident" and we both laughed at how he must have missed me when he came in AFTER ME, so he sat down at a different table and I hadn't seen him until now.
Great. Good to know that I learn from my mistakes.

Another nice nightmare took place near a ski lift. Two people had a horrible crash, but that wouldn't have killed them, but they slided down the slope a little - towards me, of course. They crushed into me and I was taken down the slope by their weight, when there was suddenly some kind of a crevasse and we fell in - very deep. I broke so many bones that I just lay on the ground and could not move at all. The other two were dead. Immobilized, badly hurt and far too deep to be rescued, I waited for death until a noise woke me up - it was around 5 in the morning and my dad passed by my door.

Great, I thought, and went back to sleep.
I was back at the crevasse, only that it was suddenly not ice, but sand, and I was not hurt anymore. I found a staircase that led me down to a valley where there were a kind of medieval people preparing for an epic fight with an army that was far stronger than them. Turned out they didn't expect to win, but to die proudly. Great. Why the hell was I there with them?
I tried my best to help them prepare for the fight, but the inevitable came and we were, on by one, slaughtered by the enemy. Not nice.

Then I was in a different place, but still in the sand country. For some reason this time there were a bunch of people busy using a machine to blow sand into a huge dune. It was to cover some buildings that they wanted to protect from destruction by others, so they decided to bury them with sand.
Guess who got tied up and shut into one of the huts they covered with sand? Damn. Buried alive. Not nice. Again I lay somewhere, unable to move, waiting for death. NOT NICE.
But finally, I woke up.

I was totally exhausted from sleeping, it was really awful.

Maybe I should wish for even less dreams than I currently have? Why can't I dream of anything nice?

忍者レベル 32
インゴレベル 8

5 comments:

  1. Meine Güte o.O Nach so einer Nacht MUSS man ja fertig sein!!! Wenn ich träume, werden es bei mir meistens auch nur Alpträume :( Aber gleich 4 hintereinander??? Arme, Nori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich sag dir, mit mir war heute nicht mehr viel anzufangen.
    Es ist 2 Uhr morgens und langsam muss ich mal ins Bett gehen.... Aber ich trau mich nicht:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Und die Nacht alptraumfrei überstanden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nein. Aber im Vergleich zu gestern war es lachhaft. Wenigstens das.

    ReplyDelete