Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Wedding




It's already been a month since I attended my co-worker's wedding in Hamburg, but I wanted to write a short entry on it.

We had an absolutely gorgeous time and the weather was marvellous.

I had spent the night at a friend's place in Hamburg and spent all saturday morning dolling up. A few days before that I had died my hair with a dying product I had never used before.
Worst hair decision I've made in years. The stuff des
troyed a huge part of my hair. Even now, more than a month later, I am using loads of ceratin supply products and other in-depth repair stuff to restore as much as can be restored.
So on said saturday, I used loads of silicone lotion to make my damaged straw head look shiny and smooth. Still, I had no choice but to tie the hair in a knot, although I'd have preferred a nice ponytail or just leaving my hair open.

Apart from my little hairy problem, I looked marvellous as always, of course.

Buuuut what am I babbling here? It was not about me, after all, but all about the absolutely gorgeous couple that was going to get married. The groom is definitely one of the greatest people I've ever met (and, as you can see in the photo, one of the tallest as well...)
Everything at this wedding was just perfect. The location was perfect, the food was perfect, the people were amazing, the drinks were awesome.
Honestly, I had so much fun!

The only sad thing was that my ex-co-worker, who quit his job at our chair and left for munich in january, couldn't make it due to sickness. I had really looked forward to meeting him, and when I learned he wasn't there, I was so disappointed. Though it meant that I could sleep in his bed and didn't have to use a sleeping bag, so a few hours later, I didn't mind his absence so much.

Later in the evening, the bride threw the bride's bouquet. Some of my people told me afterwards that the bouquet was supposed to go to the lady next to me who is the best friend of the bride and organized a great deal of that wedding. However, the bouquet hit the ceiling and changed directions, and landed DIRECTLY in my arms.


HARRHARRHARRR! Well, as there's no wedding in sight for me and I am supposed to be the next one to get married, I daresay the other unmarried women who were at that wedding are in quite a bad position. They won't get married too soon.... Sorry girls!


I was absolutely in love with the wedding cake the couple had chosen. Not only was it a very tasty, yet simple cake, but the design was the most accurate and fitting thing I could have imagined for those two. They are both quite chaotic in many ways, freaky and nerdy, but still (or even because of that) they are just great. So what could express their characters better than a cake in this shape?
I am absolutely in love with this.


So much for the wedding.
Hope I'll find the time to post about Oktoberfest soon (at least before christmas....)

2 comments:

  1. Juhu, mal wieder was von der Nori zu lesen! \(^^)/ Gibt's denn keinen Wiesn-Beitrag? ;D

    Der Kuchen ist ja echt ml phantastisch! Wie hat er in dieser Form nur gehalten ohne irgendwann überzukippen? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, der Kuchen war ja auf einem entsprechenden Metallständer mit festen Ebenen montiert. Konnte also nichts umkippen.
    Aber die Idee ist einfach soooooo geil!!!

    ReplyDelete