Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Let's Archery!!!

Today was kind of strange.

When I went to university in the morning and boarded the train, a guy passed me by. I had to take a second look to recognize him, but it was a guy from my primary school. He had seen me too, and I smiled at him, and he smiled at me, and ..... walked on, just to sit down about 10m away from me. Huh? What's wrong with that guy? That was really impolite! I mean, for those 2 or 3 stations he was about to ride the train, that's like 5 minutes, couldn't he talk to me?
Argh, that pissed me off!
I mean, I didn't really like him that much and we had no contact at all over the last years, but hey, when you meet after such a long time and manage to recognize each other, you should at least say something like "how's it going?"



At my freaky music class, I did already kind of give up on focussing. It's much more fun to do some riddle..... Occasionally, I switch on my brain when the participants start a discussion --- it's soooooo hilarious how they are getting all hot and interested on stuff that is so unbelievably unimportant. The only thing I like is that the hottie tutor from my friday class is attending this course as well. So I've got the chance to stare at him from time to time. Though I have to admit that the backside can't win with the front, so for daydreams, friday is the better choice.

Oh, and there's also miss valkyrie. She is an opera singer ---- and you can tell by looking at her. She has the body of an opera singer. Talking about the stereotype here. She has a pretty face and her clothing is.... well, really opera singer like, but it looks nice.... But..... yeah, the overall impression is like "you belong to the world of arts." if you know what I mean.
And she's always taking part in all kinds of discussions, together with a pianist girl and stuff, and they seem to really enjoy themselves in that class.... I feel like I'm totally out of place. Soooo boring. But it'll get me credit points, so I'll continue.

Afterwards I worked at my chair of economics. I had, to be honest, been scared that I had done something extremely stupid again.... but I didn't. Thank god. I did a pretty good job today, correcting some texts, analyzing the results of an exam, preparing a room for the colloquium that was held.....
Aaaaand I saw a really interesting exam. The student who had handed this one in had really, honestly, dared to do what, I am positive, many of us have wanted to do for a long time, but never did. It was an exam where you had several sentences and you had to mark whether this is right or wrong.
Did you guys experience this situation before, like you've got no clue, and even if you did, you just hate the teachers and so..... you just mark everything with either yes or no, so you'll probably have 50% correct and pass with a D........

Yes, he really did that! He just marked "correct" for EVERY question. Haha, too bad for him that you get +1 for a correct answer and -1 for a wrong answer. He scored 0 points.
Still, for having the guts to hand in that, I would have given him 1 point.... (out of 30)

I was really happy when my friend visited me at work. She brought me a tea and we chatted a little, that was sooo nice (though I was not exactly productive during those 30 minutes).

I also met, for the first time, our newest assistant professor who's going to start working for us in june. He looks nice. We chatted a little, and he seemed a really good guy. Well, I just hope that he won't be destroyed in those dark rooms of super mega extra hard work, like so many were before him.

As the weather was sooooo sunny in the end, I took a few photos of myself... I was in that strange freak mode again, so I knew that there'd be some awesome photos in the processing. I made a few that should express my deep love for bunnies and chocolates. Can you feel the passion? Haha, I could.

I also took some photos that looked pretty and cool, but after all, I like the stupid and strange and freaky ones best. It's just more like me.

...

......

Will I ever grow up?

....

Doesn't seem likely, does it?





Later I went to archery class. Finally the class was like I always imagined it to be. You get your bow and your arrows, and you shoot. Then you collect your arrows. Then you shoot.
No stupid talking, no "don't do this, don't do that, it's reaaaally dangerous!", just shooting!!!
I like it. Well, it's nothing I'd like to do forever, it will probably get boring soon, but today it was a lot of fun...
I uploaded a few photos, so that you get an impression of the whole thing.



There are the protectors..... I'm holding the bow in my left hand (not because I'm right-handed, but because my dominant eye is the right one, so I must aim with it), therefore I've got an arm protection on the left arm, so that the fibre won't hurt it if it might accidently hit the elbow... (happened to one of the guys last week, it turned blue.... dark blue...)







For the right hand, that holds the fibre, I've also got leather protection. I'm not holding it correctly in the picture, but hey, that's not important. I don't like that thing, it keeps getting in the way when I try to shoot.....

I love the arrows though. They are great, I mean, it's just arrows, but you know.... yay, arrows, real ones to shoot with!

I also like the bows. Recurve bows, the good western one. Definitely better than the stupid kyuudou bows in Japan. (Haha, to be honest, I have NO idea, after all I've never held a kyuudou bow in my hands.... Still, I am convinced that the west ruuuulez the east!!!)









We are shooting from a distance of about 15 meters. Not that much, but we are beginners, and it's also closer to walk when you have to retrieve your arrows.



Beware you wild animals in the wide forests of Brandenburg!!! Nori Hood is coming to get you!
One way, or another
I'm gonna shoot ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha!






Look, that's my three arrows. When you shoot three times, you look at the "triangle" they make. The smaller the triangle, the better. I think that, for the second try, my triangle was pretty small :-D















Some of my fellow archers, walking to the line of death and destiny (I invented that name, pretty cool, huh?) from where we are going to shoot now...

5 comments:

  1. Falls sich das nächste Mal ein doofr Hirsch in diese Gegend verläuft, bist du dann bitte mit Pfeil und Bogen und in Robin-Hodd-Strumpfhosen sofort zur Stelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich werde eilen.

    Das Gulasch machen wir dann aber zusammen, kann ja einer alleine nicht aufessen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich pflanz schon mal Porree und deck den Tisch, dann kann's losgehen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das find ich gut, dass du dir das mit dem Porree gemerkt hast.

    Während ich den Hirsch schieße, kannst du ja dann den Porree schießen. Der läuft nicht weg, das schafft man auch ohne Erfahrung :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich fang auch ganz klein mit 'ner Steinschleuder an ;)

    ReplyDelete