Saturday, May 09, 2009

Lovesick

This is so fucking scary. It's one of those things that only happen to others, but not ourselves. Right?

My friend broke up with her boyfriend some months ago. Since that time, he started to terrorize her. He followed her. He stalked her. He threatened her and her new boyfriend. (He literally threatened to kill both of them.) He hacked her e-mail account. He controlled every single one of her moves.

She went to the police, and due to an interim injuction he is not allowed to contact her or get near her anymore.

But on friday she told me that he had called her again, although he is not allowed to, and said how he was so sorry and that he was not angry anymore.... Yeah, we both looked at each other and thought "like hell he's changed!"
I was really happy, cuz during our boring thursday class we had become facebook friends (hurray for internet in classrooms!) and I was really happy when, on friday she wrote me a message.
Though the message was a little strange.
It went like "I'm not sure whether I've already given you my current address"
---- What address? E-mail? Postal? I didn't get it. When I asked back, I got an answer like "The postal one. Oh, I did tell you about G, right? [her current boyfriend]. But I also met another guy, Ryan. Which one should I pick?"

Ok, now this was really strange. We did write a lot of stupid messages via the internet to each other, but... we never talked about guys that much, only when it came to her strange ex-boyfriend. And her choice of words and sentence structure were kind of strange. Not like I knew her. But I was not completely sure, so I decided to get some more message by answering like "if Ryan's last name is Philippe, go for him!"
And the answer was even stranger than the former messages. "His last name is [...]. He's Italian. Did you know that G is back to Berlin? I've become so oblivious, what did I tell you? And did I already tell you about S?" [no fucking idea who that's supposed to be-]
Not only were the contents of the messages really strange, but there were also spelling mistakes. But my friend does not make spelling mistakes. Typing mistakes from time to time, but her spelling is perfect, and even though some people might not believe it: Oh yes, you can clearly tell them apart.


Now this last message was enough to (at least) raise heavy doubts. Who was writing me messages there? I copied the whole thread and sent it to my friend's new e-mail account. I asked her whether this was her I was talking to.

About an hour later she called me (I think even if she would have answered me via mail I'd still have called her to double-check) and sounded really disturbed and kind of desperate. Of course it had not been her, so that freak must have hacked her facebook account as well and tried to get information on her by questioning me.

Now, just imagine if she HAD given me her address. I might have answered to him "xxstreet 31, that's correct, isn't it?" and then......

What a freak! What a fucking freak.

I am so glad that we figured it out before I would have given away any information on her. If I hadn't known her style of writing so well, I might not have realized it at all.

This is so scary. Why are there people like that? I even feel a little sorry for that guy. To freak out like that --- how unbelievably lovesick must he be to lose control like that? He's kind of leaving the "real world" and all sane behaviour in those attempts to keep her.

Why are there people like him? Does he really feel more pain from being lovesick than an average person and that makes him lose his mind? Or does he not feel more pain than everyone else, but he's a control freak?

I wonder...

1 comment:

  1. o.O Scary!!!!! I feel really sorry for your friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete