Sunday, May 03, 2009

Manchuria, Manchuria

This was an interesting weekend, but also strange at times....

After a busy week and with an assful of university work to do, I decided that I'd make friday, which was a holiday, "my day". I would not touch any piece of work, instead lie in the sun, read a great book, tan and relax. In the evening I would make a fire and fry some sausages and tomatoes.
And, most important: I'd be all alone, finally have some quiet time for myself to think about all those things that are running through my head. Remember how I said that my mind was racing all the time some weeks ago? Well, it still didn't stop, but you know... It feels a little like in the "old times". When I was a kid I remember that my brain was like that most of the time - like always 3 or more thoughts at a time, and so much running through that it was almost difficult to keep track of everything.
Now I'm back to that brain activity, and it is (even though I'm getting really pathetic now) as if my mind woke up after it nodded for several years.... Haha, wouldn't it be nice if all that energy turned into intellectually sharp thoughts? It doesn't, I'm not getting smarter or anything. I'm just thinking more.

Anyway, back to...... ah, yeah. So I finally wanted to have a day all by myself, and when I planned it, it sounded really funny.
And it was, sort of..... But..... yeah, in the end it was just lonely. Not boring, not at all, but so lonely. I really started to hope that someone would call me and be like "wanna hang out together?", but I couldn't bring myself to call people on my own. That would mean that I admitted defeat to my beautiful plan!!!
So I sat there, all alone with my fire, eating my fried stuff, and thinking: Am I turning back into that anti-social freak I was some years ago?
Hm... That thought scared me. I definitely think I've improved over the years, so there's no way I'm going to step back!No, no and no!!! So, next time will be with company, I promise. (Unless I'm depressed or anything, you never know...)

Saturday was filled with sports and study. In the evening I went to a friend's BBQ party and it was brilliant. Great food, great company. We had a lot of good laughs and the weather was awesome. I ate so many marshmallows!! Bad, bad girl! Haha, who cares for the calories when it's so tasty?
Now that I look at the photos I took... I look kinda weird without my make-up.... Almost like I'm not myself... when instead, this is my true self and the make-up is the mask..... That's like the super-hero-alter-ego dialogue in Kill Bill 2.

Anyway, tomorrow I will hold a presentation of the Manchurian Incident. I worked on it over the last 2 weeks and - in my humble opinion - the result turned out really good.
Let's hope that tomorrow will go well...
Right now I'm bleaching my hair so that I'll look nice and blonde tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. Das bekommste morgen sicher ganz souverän gebacken!!!!!!! Da bin ich mir sicher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurra, ist auch ganz gut gelaufen.
    Naja, Harry hat ein paar Sachen auszusetzen gehabt, aber das war schon ok, im großen und ganzen war er sehr zufrieden.

    Hey, seien wir ehrlich: Wie viele Kommilitonen machen schon ne ordentliche Powerpoint, Literaturempfehlungen, eine Transkription des alten Zeitungstextes und eine Übersetzung? (Haha, weil er die Idee, den schlecht lesbaren Zeitungstext nochmal ordentlich aufzuschreiben, so toll fand, müssen das jetzt alle machen... YESSS!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du rockst, Nori!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete