Friday, May 01, 2009

Springtime at University

The weather was awesome these last days. Sunny and warm, I loved it. On tuesday I went to the new cafeteria of HU for the first time. Actually, it had been rebuilt like.... a year ago, I think, but I never made it there. That's mainly due to the fact that I never had enough time to do that. You walk at least 10 minutes from my institute, so if you've got a break of 30 minutes in total it's impossible to make it.
However, now I've been there and---- yeah, it was pretty nice. I got a huge shock when I spotted, right behind me at the salad bar, there was "The Pelvis". Beate. She's a woman who's really skinny, but with a really broad pelvis, that's why we gave her that name. I know her from dancing classes at university. She's behaving like she's a beautiful princess as soon as she hits the floor, but although she's a pretty good dancer her ugliness, paired with her lack of taste in clothing, makes her look awful. She and her partner have always been pretty ruthless, they would make their way, whether there was space or not. My partner and I had their feet in, on and right over our toes and heels for several times. I also got hit by an elbow several times. Never any excuse.
So, that's why I was pretty much like "ok, not hungry anymore" when I spotted her. (Pretty much like = it would be funny if it was that way, but omg, I was starving!!!) Of course, she ignored me, didn't even say hi. Ha, the princess won't talk to the mob. Not that I cared, but it showed, once more, how very right about her I was.

It's murder on the dancefloor......

Anyway, food was delicious, company was charming, weather was awesome ----- I loved it. I hope we'll do that again over the next weeks.


University's classes are boring.... Well, most of them. Harry's classes are interesting, but that's it.

Oh, almost forgot: On wednesday I was finally allowed to shoot my first arrows in archery class. Wooooooooooooooop!!!
What's really funny: I always thought that the complicated thing about aiming at your target would be to hit the right point in the horizontal way --- so, the arrow would go too far to the right or the left. I also thought that it might be hard to shoot high enough, as the arrow falls down due to gravitation while it flies.

Now, I found it (maybe beginner's luck?) quite easy to hit the right point horizontal-line-ish. But I shoot far too high. Haha, didn't expect that. Gotta work on it. My feet hurt like hell, the wounds I had from my beautiful shoes (see last post) had started to heal but were still open. Ouch!

1 comment:

  1. Ich leide auch noch unter den Blasen, die ich mir Montag angelaufen habe ^^; Aber scheiß drauf, die Schuhe sind geil ;)

    Übrigens süßes Photo von dir und dem Eis ^^

    ReplyDelete