Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Must Resist

I had a really nice pentacostal weekend.

Friday and Saturday were extremely stressful though.
The music video project had it's peak (i.e. the filming) on saturday, so I was busy on friday until 9pm with preparations.
Went home, prepared 2 cakes, went to bed around 2, got up at 6:30.
Back at university at 9.

My main task that day was the catering. I made sure everyone had loads of food waiting for them, so whenever there was a short break they could eat and drink something nice. I also took some videos for the "making of", so whenever I didn't cut apples and bread or brew tea, I would run around with daddy's camcorder, filming whatever might look nice.
Oh, but I'm so bad at it! I bet it's going to be horrible stuff I recorded, so I havent checked yet. Ha, cowardy me!
I was one of the first to be at university that day and one of the last to leave. I cleaned the room we had used for breaks that day until 11:30, so when I finally got home it was past midnight. (Thank god I had followed my brother's advice and taken the car that day, for it was raining like hell and I had a lot to carry.)
So it was pretty hard, but everyone really worked together and did their best, and the musicians were amazingly sweet, modest and fun. I liked them a lot and was so relieved. I had feared that these two days of hard work for the project would be terribly boring or people would be awful or.... Yeah, you know.
But it wasn't like that, not at all. Thank god.

On sunday, when I got up, I was a little sad. Just like every year I kind of wanted to go to the carnival of cultures in Berlin and see the dance groups perform their parade, but just like every year the pentacostal sunday was to be spent at my family's place in Brandenburg, so just like every year I missed it.
I had been asked by some friends whether I wanted to join them (though I think they said it out of politeness, as they had spilled the beans that they were going...), and I had answered that I didn't want to go and was not interested, and I was angry at myself for that. I mean, first of all when you're asked to go somewhere but don't want to, you should say that you would love to but you can't. That's polite. Why was I so impolite?
And second, it was not even true. I would have loved to go if I hadn't had anything planned for that day. So why did I lie to them and said I didn't want to go? I must have irritaded them.... Or maybe they hadn't even paid attention to it.
Hm.... sometimes I don't understand myself. And that sunday I would have loved to beat my head with something very hard. Dumb girl.

However, I was not sad that I "had to go to Brandenburg" or anything. I mean, It's not like I would not enjoy being with the family, in fact I love it and it's a lot of fun and I love to see my grandma, it's just that I'd really like to see that parade, just once in my life....
Yeah, so I was a little sad that I'd miss it again, but the day in Brandenburg was great.
We had great cake my grandma had prepared, we played speedminton (holy shit, I SUCK!!!), we had a great dinner, we played pool billard and darts, there were the dog and the cats to pet, it was a beautiful day.
And I was even more pleased when a friend of mine who DID go to the parade told me he hadn't seen anything and the only interesting thing had been some drunk woman. That gave me a feeling like I hadn't missed that much.


On monday evening it was CURRY PARTY!!!
Finally I, who had waited for a loooong time, was rewarded with a delicious curry and some nice cold beer. Too bad D couldn't attend as her mother had surgery that time. We all missed her and thought of her and her mom a lot.

I returned home late (just like the days before) and had to get up early the next day (....just like the days before), but I was so tired and exhausted that I did everything in slow motion. I even messed up my make-up and had to wipe it off and start anew, which had not happened for more than a year. Damn, still not skilled enough.

I left home FAR too late, but got a text message that saved my day: 10 o'clock's class was cancelled! And, what's even better: a friend who also attended that class invited me to his place where we had great sandwiches and watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I laughed so hard, it was a gorgeous day. (And I wore my black dress, hurray!!!)

Yeah..... 2 o'clock's class, however, was held. The teacher was soooo boring, and OF COURSE, when he asked me to summarize what he had just explained during the last hour or so, I had no fucking idea what he was talking about, so I said nothing and tried the "excuse me" smile.
Hm...
Didn't work, I guess. He was probably pissed, and I didn't want that, but the text was so boring and I just didn't pay attention, my whole body hurt and my head felt as if it would explode any moment. I hated that class and I'm so happy it's over.

During the break before the next class I did some drugstore shopping, hurray for make-up discounts (25%!!!) !!!
On Friedrichstraße, I couldn't help but notice this sweet shop.
Not that I was overly interested in the stuff they sold, but their slogan was like.... like someone had read my mind. It's as if they made this especially for me, and I had to tell myself "Must Resist!!!" over and over again.
No shopping for you, lady, there's Japan waiting for you!




Hoping to get some proper sleep tonight, I need strength....

No comments:

Post a Comment