Well, on friday, the mail fun continued.
My professor, himself in all his glory, mailed me and asked about the book. Would we maybe have a chance to get it any sooner? Maybe we should contact the library and make it clear how very important this book is?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell then. I had spent the day at the library anyway, so I tested my luck and went to search for the lady who is responsible for my book requests. Lucky enough, I found her and talked to her face to face.
Asked her if she had already received my mail.
She said she had read it just this morning and proceeded the requests to the place where they decide on whethere or not to purchase the books.
She said they would probably give their response later the same day.
She also promised to send me another status mail considering the super urgent book.
So what did I answer the prof?
I told him that I sought out the contact person, told her how important it is. The book request is being processed (only since the morning of today, but you don't know that, prof....) and the purchase decision will be proceeded today, and I made sure to be contacted on status updates immediately.
So I did not lie, I did not exaggerate or cover up anything, and thanks to the super fast library lady, I already had some good news to deliver to my boss.
When the prof answered my mail I could almost sense the tears of joy in his eyes. "That's wonderful, thank you."
Again, I managed to make the whole thing turn out in a way that would make me the one who extra cares, who will on a free day put herself on duty to run after people and make double calls just to fulfill her bosses wishes, only minutes after he requested so.
The 100% reliable one who will make things work, no matter what.
Hehehe, in fact by contacting the woman myself I just emphasized again that I, I, ME, MOI was the person in charge and thus ensured that all future contact would be made to ME and nobody else, so that none of my colleagues would call there. Just imagine that:
"Why is the book still not there?" - "Hey, we only received your mail last week." - "LAST WEEK? Ohhhh, I'll kill Bommel!!!"
Now all the contact, from my chair's side as well as from the library side, will continue to pass my desk so that I am pretty much safe.
Hurray and FUCK YEAH!
(As you might have noticed, the title does not refer to me being an idiot among idiots. It expresses how I may be surrounded by idiots, but will fucking rule the place!!!)
All of them should kiss your feet!!!! I am so proud of you ruling all the idiots - but what else should girls like us do??? It is always us being in charge to clean up the mess someone lese did, right? -.-' Idiots! All of them!
ReplyDelete