It's not a new student assistant, but an apsiring doctor, so he'll be my boss soon.
Until now, I have never blogged about the fact that someone new would work at my place, but this time it is sort of special.
Until now, whenever a new coworker came, we (the student assistants) were told something like "He/She's really nice and we have a really good feeling that he/she is going to fit in here quite well, so look forward to meeting him/her."
This time it is different.
All our postgraduates are against him.
They say that he was horrible during his interview, arrogant and snotty in both words and gesture.
(He sat there leaned back, his arms folded behind his head, resting one ankle on the other knee. WHAT THE HELL???)
According to his resumee, the guy has, in his 23 (22? 24??? anyway, he's quite young) years of existence, done things that seem almost too good to be true. He graduated from one of those elite economist private universities and worked at some more or less impressive places afterwards.
When in fact, with all the things he did, you might wonder why in the world he did them in such a short time? Even if you are an absolute genius, this is fucking impossible, UNLESS his great university is actually just about attendance and you get your degree in two years no matter how much you fuck up. We all know there are places like that.
Why in the world did the professor want that guy? Well, simply for the name of the business school he attended.
The professor did not care that this man has apparently no manners, or that, frankly spoken, something must be wrong with that resumee.
And the funniest thing of all: Sometime between all the gorgeousness, the guy studied law for one year or so, but then he quit because it would just have taken too long for his taste.
THE FUCK?
Achieving a Doctor's degree takes 4-5 years! That is, IF you are fast!
Many don't even make it in time. He said he wanted to be through with it in two years, but frankly spoken: He can never make it in two years.
How in the world does the professor expect Mr "I want things to be super fast for me" to stay for 5 years? That guy will be gone in a few months, I can tell you.
Today I saw his photo for the first time and what the other postgraduates told me is absolutely true: He is good-looking, but in the way you would expect your typical economy prick to be. Blonde, side-parted gel-head, loves sunglasses, the type you would put in a pink polo shirt. Oh, wait, it's not pink. But it could as well be.
And the super sexy "I'm thinking so hard"-pose, it makes me want to puke.

Absolutely not the guy you'd like near you.
Which is contrary to all the other people at the chair, who are more the nerdy type, fun, easy going and loveable.
So, this guy will be the new one from next week.
And as he will fill the place of the woman whose personal assistant I had been, it might be that I'll be assigned to him now. Responsible for all his needs, charming smile and fast processing of whatever he comes up with.
We had hired an extra tutor a few months ago (we were 5, now we are 6), so it might be that, due to my leaving in three months, they will assign the new tutor to the new postgraduate and I will be out of it, but I am not sure yet.
And still, all the time, I try to make myself not judge before I met him in person. Maybe he is super nice?
...
...
But I doubt it. However, I will do my best to be my nicest me next monday.
Stay tuned for my update on "The REAL thing".
und ich darf lachen, wenn ihr in 2 Jahren heiratet? :) Ja lass mal hören, wie er sich so macht
ReplyDeleteOMG, he totally reminds me of the jerk in one of the Scrub episodes, where Elliot gets assigned to the biggest jerk of new-starter, son of xxx just wanting to finish eeeeeeeverything as soon as possible. It is fascinating how some person can make EVERY big mistake you could ever do in an interview, but still get the job just because of the name of their school -.-' Well, hopefully he is not that jerk he seems to be (oh god, the photo............) or if he is that jerk, that you get not assigned to him ;)
ReplyDeleteWenn mich das Fernsehen eins gelehrt hat, dann dass ihr in 6 Monaten heiraten werdet!
ReplyDeleteErrrm, ersthaft, die Sache klingt irgendwie verdächtig. Bin mal gespannt, was dabei rauskommt...
@Annika & Doris:
ReplyDeleteDISQUALIFIED!!!
Bitte keine fiesen Hochzeitswitze, wenn ich hier mein Herz ausschütte.
D: Ohhhh der Kerl, ich erinnere mich. Hoffentlich wird Hasi nicht wirklich so. Ich warte es erstmal ab und vielleicht ist er ja tatsächlich nett.
Und wenn nicht: Auch egal, ich bin ja bald weg.