Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Archery Class


Today was my first archery class. I knew that it would be a waste of time and as my exam is coming closer, I could have spent my hours with studying, buuuuuut I thought MAYBE it might be fun.

Now guys, before you think "Why do you book that course if you think it's a waste of time?" ----- I don't think the course as a whole will be - just the first lesson.
And, as it turned out today, the second lesson as well.

Of course, we wouldn't get a bow in our hands in the first lesson. Instead we were told MANY things about safety and what could happen if you don't use the bow properly and that it can be just as dangerous as a gun and stuff.... And although I see that it's important to tell those jerks beforehand that they are NOT supposed to toy around with lethal weapons, I was really bored.

I had had the wonderful opportunity to watch the kyuudou club EVERY DAY at Tokai University, so I really know what it's supposed to look like, I know that it's dangerous.

The teacher is one of those guys who really enjoy their own talking, and he likes to tell you one simple fact not only several times, but also enriched with a load of examples. I mean, instead of saying "You need both eyes to view in 3D, so closing one eye when shooting would not help you to hit, but instead make it harder" he started to tell us the whole thing by explaining how the aeroplanes are so big when you walk by them on the ground, but then, high up in the air, they appear soooo small.......
He kept on talking and talking!!!
I also hated how much he was already talking about the whole thing being more mental than physical and concentration and finding your inner balance and blaaablaaaablaaaa, and I REALLY wanted to yell at him "GIMME THE FUCKIN' BOW AND AN ARROW, I'LL SHOW YOU BLOODY INNER BALANCE!!!!!" and it was so hard for me to just do that inside my head....

I somehow managed to keep quiet. He only showed us one bow, and shot, once, an arrow. That was the only spectacular part of the whole course.
Then we practiced finding our balance, like stretching out your arms on shoulder height, and taking them down again. Wow. Great. Feeling so much wiser and totally calm and stuff now GIMME THE BOW!!!!!

I mean, I DO understand that they don't want some jerks to start shooting around, and I also somehow believe him when he says that people who first learn the basics off the bow will get better archers than those who just start shooting, but still, I want action!!!

I was also really disappointed by the other course members. Had hoped for some cute and interesting people, but.....
Most of them look like retards, some even sound like that (extremely strange voice combined with talking really slowly, searching for words for quite a long time... god, I hate that!). There were only 2 guys who sounded as if they're ok, they were friends and joking around with each other all the time, I thought they were really funny. The rest was either dead plain or all hairy. Not my taste. Oh yeah, I loved 2 girls who looked like some Manga-Fangirls. Well, I saw them and thought "You guys enjoy Manga."
One was pale, with bushy hair and looked like she wouldn't leave the house too often, while the other one was huge and had short black hair with an extremely embarassing pink/lilac strand on the right side of her head. They looked to me like those typical girls who are like "Oh, Takeshi-kun from the great Manga of Silver Love Chronicle Gum has been doing archery during middle school, it was shown in a flashback in book 3, that's before he falls in love with Keisuke-tan from the famous Rockband Karma Chocolate. And that was so KAWAII that I decided I'd do archery and then ROCK the next cosplay event!!!"
Oh yeah, and there was a guy who looked like the softest softie ever, sitting in the grass, staring into space like some poet wannabe. And he couldn't move his body very well, as if he hardly knew where his arms grew out of the body....
I guess I'll have a lot of fun watching those people over the next weeks....

1 comment:

  1. Muahaha!!! Ich liebe deine Blog-Einträge!!! Mehr davon!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete