Thursday, April 16, 2009

Exam tomorrow

I got up after a really short night (studied till 1 am last night and got up at 5.45) so that I could go running in the morning and still be the first one to enter the library at 9.
I studied at the library from 9 till 7, with only 3 potty - and - snack - breaks. What did it help me? I suck. The script is so detailed that I could not remember half of what I wanted to know by now, and there's no chance I could learn what I don't know now by tomorrow. It's like I wanted to dive into the materia about 10m deep, but I can't get past the 2 meters. No chance.
So much of the maths stuff I tried to understand and just failed, it consumed so much time and didn't help me at all.
I really don't know how tomorrow will be, maybe I'll be lucky. I think that I will get through somehow, at least I hope, but maybe this will be the first time in my university life that I will not pass an exam.
I never felt as unprepared as I do right now.
I'll repeat some of the basic stuff tonight and try to kind of find some more connections between the different chapters so that I'll know what I'm talking about when I'm talking. But I'm afraid it won't be enough.
While I studied in the library, my cell phone rang and the woman who's going to be one of my examiners tomorrow was on the phone.
I'm such a jerk, my first thought was "Oh my god, my exam was today and now she calls to tell me I failed because I haven't been there!" Haha, no, actually my exam was postponed from 8.30 to 11.00....
Arrgghhh, I hate exams.
Where have they gone, those jolly primary school days when I even enjoyed exams because they were like a funny quiz to me, as I knew all the answers anyway?

I'm also extremely tired. Part of the reason that I don't feel well prepared is that, all in all, I had heavy problems in focussing on my stuff. My head seems to be so full of different thoughts and memories (and not the good ones...) that it feels like I'm racing through a maze of images and sounds my brain recorded during the last months and years and it's like I'm going nowhere. I always carried an extra note with me so that I could write down what was going through my head, and maybe it would help me calm down and stop worrying so much, but as soon as I wrote down something I thought about, another thought would pop up.
Hah, I'm really confused. It's too bad that this had to happen while I prepared for an exam, as I would, otherwise, be very happy about the fact that my brain feels more active than it was for years.
Maybe I can use the notes I took for my book! Someone, somewhere might be happy, I'll bloody write you!

1 comment:

  1. And I'll be the first to read it!!! Nori, I'm wishing you sooo every luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you're not that unprepared as you're feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete