So I'm studying everyday. But I have a feeling as if it wouldn't help. Well, we'll see on Friday.
On Sunday, we started Easter with a huge family breakfast, then we hid and searched little presents. I know that many people think that you shouldn't do that anymore once you've reached a certain age, but I love the search. It's like burning 4000 kcal before you get to eat the 1000 kcal chocolate you receive. Make
I used the following hours fore some studying in the sun. Hah, I always look so tanned and relaxed during the warm months, because I try to study outside. It's helping me concentrate and the sun makes me happy. The only sad thing is that people tend to look at me all burned dark bronze and then telling me "Oh, I wish I had as much free time as you." or "You students are so lazy!" when, in fact, I do pretty hard work there. Jealousy of the non-informed...
Then we went to my gran
dma for a cup of coffee (in my case it was milk) and a huuuuuge piece (ahm... or two....) of tasty cake. I was stuffed.In the evening, my other grandma came over for barbecue. Hurray for grilled MEAT!!! It was really cold in the garden though. I went inside pretty soon and studied a little more. Gave my grandma a ride home later and went to bed, so pretty much nothing interesting there.
On monday I did some running exercise in the morning (gotten faster!!!) and did..... study. Hate it!!!
Then we went to my grand
ma's place in brandenburg and spent the day there doing all sorts of jolly stuff, like tanning, billard and taking photos of the newest kitty arrival as well as the brave guardian dog Arko. There was great cake (haha, and cream that had my name on it!!!) and a very nice dinner. It was extremely loud the whole day, as my cousin and his friend were busy repairing the house's water pipes. Thank goodness people in that village are not too strict with noise on holidays....Haha, however, whenever I am in brandenburg it gives me a really hard time... My grandma can't hear too well, but I think e
ven if she did she wouldn't shout less. And my mom is so very much her mother's daughter and shouting and yelling even louder. And as they have a lot to narrate, they are shouting the whole day, and they love to do that at the same time, so that neither one understands the other, which results in them repeating the yelling again and again.Really, it puts a permanent damage to your ears!
And the stories are quite interesting, as long as it's not maladies and deaths.
2 examples:
Cake with cherries.

My grandma starts to talk about the cherry pits, and how bad it is if there are some left in your cake when you expect it to be pit-free.
"It's so dangerous! Uncle Horst once broke a tooth while eating cherry cake because of that! And aunt Frieda once lost her denture at a party, and everyone was searching for it for hours, they even opened the gully, but they couldn't find it, it was lost! Well, the mood was down after that."
My bro and I choked simultaneously as we both had to laugh so hard! Just imagining that old lady eating a cherry cake and losing a whole line of false teeth because of a cherry pit! How drunk must've she been? And everyone searching for
those teeth, when it was supposed to be a party... Too funny!Turned out that aunt Frieda's loss of denture had nothing to do with cherry cake, grandma just found it fitted the broken-tooth-story. Didn't make me stop laughing though.
The healing powers of alcohol:
Grandma found it highly important to make it clear once more how very important it is for your health to drink some schnapps from time to time. For example, when her mother (was it her
mother? I think so...) got older, she started to forget things and to be really confused, and when the doctor found out she had never been drinking for all her life, he told the relatives to give her schnapps!And so they gave her schnapps!
....
Yeah, and then she stopped talking. But... shouldn't she tell us what happened? So I asked.... "Ok, and.... what happened? Did it work?"
Grandma looked at me as if I'd asked her to tell
"YES, OF COURSE IT HELPED!!!" She yelled. "Well, of course her brain didn't get any better, but she felt good."
She couldn't believe that she had to TELL me that the stuff had worked. Of course it does!
Haha, I'm so sorry I dared to question the miraculous healing powers of the world's medicine number one: ALCOHOL!!!!
Yeah, so proud of my family sometimes....

Edit: One more thing I just remembered: My uncle's lady has been having problems with her back, and she, who's someone who needs her workouts, has not been able to do sports for weeks or even months now, has been to the doctor, and she had no idea what it was all about. And guess what that doctor told her? "Well, you see, I can't do sports anymore neither, because of my shoulder, I had to stop the Volleyball."
I got pretty angry when I heard that. What's wrong with that bitch? I mean, who cares about her being able or unable to do sports? There's a woman there who wants to know what's wrong with her, so just find it out!
Ts, some people are so stupid..... I mean, ordinary people, ok, but it's always shocking to know that even people who you might consider "intelligent", like doctors, can be so stupid sometimes. I don't even mind that it was unsensitive to talk like that, but that wom
an should not talk big like that just to cover up that she had NO IDEA what was wrong with my aunt. That's so arrgghhh!
Ich mag deine Familie jetzt schon ^^ Sie ist wie meine: schön bekloppt*lach*
ReplyDelete