Monday, April 20, 2009

Love My Mommy

Is there a better way to welcome your little (ahm...25-yrs-old) girl than this dinner plate? Haha, I can't help it, I'm hopelessly childish. I know I should try to finally grow up, can't always be a jerk like this after all. But still, isn't this suuuuper cute? Thank you, mom!

Met with D for a nice afternoon beer yesterday. We talked about our families and found a lot of similarities.... Let's see if I can still name them:

  • We both have families to be really proud of
  • We both have/had a dog in the family named Arko
  • We both had asparagus for dinner yesterday
  • (edit) We both love Aishite Knight aka the Rock'n'Roll Kids
  • (edit, thanks to D for the comment) We are both totally crazy...
.....I think there was even more, but I can't remember it now. Might add something later.

The next photo was taken friday after my exam on the rooftop of TU Berlin. My bro and I went there and had a coke in the sunlight. On the left-hand side you can see the place where I am working. It's one of those windows.... can't tell which one, though.

Today my first class this semester took place. Afterwards I chatted with some friends in the classroom, when the teacher (Dirty Harry) came to us and asked us, kind of "privately", what we thought why professor Steelid McSloudnoize's classes were so empty. What was I supposed to say? "Because we can SEE what he's like! Come on, you know what he's like! Do you really think we can't see what he's doing to you guys who work for him???" or maybe "He's a fuckin' asshole!"
....

I mean, I'm a girl. If I want my ego to be minimized I will turn on the lights in my room, undress and stand in front of a mirror for approximately 60 seconds. That will do the job. No need to have that old bastard tell me how stupid and unsuited for Japanese Studies I am and that I lack every bloody qualitiy I would need to succeed in his class and, just for the record, I am really dumb. Would take 140 minutes a week (at best) and that's a waste of time.

So, the others told Harry about the many things they had to do for Steelid's classes and that it was soooo hard to cover up with that huge load of work and stuff. Also, he asked about the entrance exams and what we thought about them. So I told him, as honest and as direct as I dared, how he had kicked out me and two other students for last semester's course. I said something like "...Well, and if he doesn't want me there, ok, then he can do his stuff on his own.", but I would have wanted to be more direct. Harry had told us before that for exactly that class that I was kicked out of, the two semesters of the course wouldn't have to be done in order, so we could have done part 2 now without part 1 the semester before. However, I hate the professor, he's a fucking bitch and.... yeah, the worst thing is: He doesn't even seem to care about the fact that no one wants to attend his class. But I, personally, don't want to be UNWANTED in his class. Excuse me, I am a student, and I am the reason why this man is paid. He is there to research and to teach, and if he's got a problem with one part (i.e. the latter) of his job, then he picked the wrong profession.
I hate that he makes the students feel like they were a nuisance when, in fact, we are the people he should care about the most. I just hope that maybe the fact that we were asked about the reasons for his classes being so unpopular might indicate that they ARE thinking about the whole problem. Dunno though....

Enough ranting, next stop today was my TU job. I had to prepare about 200 letters to companies, sending them the german corporate governance codex report 2009. I worked so hard and although it was not even expected to be done today, I finished in 2 hours. My right arm hurt a lot, but everyone was really pleased and the secretary who really seems to love me told my bosses about me being so fast and hard-working, and I received some praise :-D
Not that I would be too proud of that, but as I took over this job from my brother and as I am not even an economics student I sometimes felt like I was not suited for the job and that I might just be "better than nothing", and when they think that I'm doing a good job, I feel releaved.... Maybe hard to understand, I don't know....

After I had finished the mail, I had to return a book to the FU library, and now that I knew that I'd have to go there anyway, I gave a call to my friends who changed to FU Japanese Studies. We decided to meet up in the refectory, but as it turned out, there were two of them, and I did, of course, pick the wrong one. I hurried to the right building, which was not so easy in my boots, but I did as good as I could (special thanx to the nice gentleman in their van who hooted at me with two thumbs up - yeah, nice outfit today;-P) and reached just in time to meet with all three of them, as the girls had to leave for another class. Had ice-cream with M afterwards and it was soooo tasty. He even invited me, thank you! I always feel a little awkward when I'm invited, as I'm not used to other people paying for me, but I guess it was ok, and maybe I should relax on these things a little more.

So I had a pretty nice first university day in the summer semester of 2009. I hope I'll have some more of those nice days, but as summer is coming, I think I'll experience plenty of them.


I didn't post a photo of my self-made scarf yet. I found the instructions and the inspiration at the fashion diary of Anna Frost which I like to read from time to time. I crocheted this scarf all by myself when I needed a break from studying the last weeks. I think it turned out pretty cool. In the end, it was not as cheap as one might think to produce this little darling. The wool cost me 14 bucks, and I also needed a crocheting needle. The buttons were free, cuz my mom gave them to me. She's got some nice collection.

Yeah, I have a thing for needlework and that stuff. I have never been good at it, but crocheting turned out to be pretty easy. I hope I'll be able to produce some more stuff, as it feels really good to make something unique on your own and be individual. Haha, turning into a trendsetter, No理 is. And grammar at Yoda's she learned.

3 comments:

  1. You forgot one similiarity: we're both totally crazy ;)

    Oh yeah, I'm sooo glad that I do not have to attend professor Steelid McSloudnoize's classes if I don't want to! And I DONT WANT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. added that and another thing that i remembered....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 PM

    Nice scarf! ;o)

    ReplyDelete